Thursday, September 1, 2011

September Chi Rho Article

As I write this article I have just returned home from the second fellowship gathering of Christ Church members in two days. I am not even including the fun and fellowship of Rally Sunday with the blessing of our Sunday School teachers and children. That was wonderful as well.

Returning to my theme, though, Barbara and I attended the final summer Foyer Group which was an Italian Night at the home of Mark and Marlene Seese. We had great homemade Italian food and great conversations. The Rally Sunday Family Picnic & Pizza Party hosted at the home of Wylene and Angus Graham was another hit! With families from every service at Christ Church represented, the shared food and fellowship was amazing. It was fun seeing people from all three services gather and in some cases meet for the first time. The children seemed be having as much fun as their elders. I was struck by the fact that fellowship is a crucial part of our Christian lives. We gather for worship, prayer, bible study and other occasions. These are very important events in our Christian lives but fun and fellowship are necessary as well. Actually, I would go so far as to say that fun and fellowship are required of all Christians. Jesus attended the social events and had fun so why shouldn’t we? Jesus would say we should. After all, he changed the water into wine for the Wedding Feast at Cana in Galilee. Being a follower of Jesus Christ needn’t be boring.

As we see the Sunday School program starting up, I hope everyone is as excited as I am that we are launching into our program year. Schools are now open. In a few short weeks, our winter members will begin to return as well. This is a time when you may be thinking about joining one of our current ministries or it may be a time in which you want to commence a new ministry. In either case, get started. Give me a call if you have a program that you are interested in helping or in starting. I’d love to hear from you. Hooray for September and hooray for our Fall Season of new activity!

No comments: